Skip to main content

New Users to Domain tree from desktop

More
17 years 7 months ago #16776 by Supreme7
Can you add users to a new domain with out having to set up a new account on a remote PC?
I have all the user setup in active directory set permissons etc..
But when joing the domain from users PC it creates a new user profile to the users PC. Thus not allowing access to former folders and user settings.

What can do to avoid this in the furture?
or what can I do to correct this now ?

Thanks in advance
:idea:
More
17 years 7 months ago #16780 by Smurf
I think i sort of follow what you are asking on this one. If i can just confirm that i have understood this;

You want a way to ensure when a user moves from one PC to another PC using their domain logon, they get the same profile ?

If thats correct then the way to do this one is to configure a roaming profile on the network. This will pull down the users profile off the network to the machine they have logged into. I must warn you though that this can be very network intensive, especially if you have users who decide to store rather large files on their desktop as it can take sometime to pull this information down to their client. Also, when they log off all the data needs to then be sent back to the network share where the profile is configured.

Also, you can configure the default profile onto the network so that you can have a standard profile that is locate on the network share instead of picking up the one off the local machine (if there is no profile already for that user)

If you need further help in setting this up then please let me know.

Hope i have understood your question ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds