Skip to main content

AIM problem

More
20 years 6 months ago #1276 by jwkcu
AIM problem was created by jwkcu
alright, the network i am using has access to the aol instant messenger service blocked, I do not have access to the servers filtering the traffic. Is there another way around this or a server i could connect to to jump to the aol server?

Here smoke this till you can speak my language!
More
20 years 6 months ago #1278 by Manip
Replied by Manip on topic Re: AIM problem
If he has the port blocked then you need to download trillian and change the local port. If he has login.oscar.aol.com >> 64.12.161.153 blocked then your screwed. Look into HTTP tunnels and proxy tunnels, which is well published and there is lots of software. If I get bord in college I might write a little overview and crap but right now I'm tired and haven't done my fucking coursework and if I don't get it done then I'll fail the course I am running out of time! God I'm such a lazy bastard ahh :(
More
20 years 6 months ago #1291 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: AIM problem
I'm not sure what your knowledge of networking is like, but basically you can tunnel through http. Good software is Httport from www.htthost.com it will let you tunnel any data through an SSL enabled web proxy. It even has presets for some messengers I believe.

I'm actually uploading a very good paper on HTTP tunneling to my website right now.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 6 months ago #1294 by Manip
Replied by Manip on topic Re: AIM problem

I'm not sure what your knowledge of networking is like

Was that to me or him?
More
20 years 6 months ago #1303 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: AIM problem