Skip to main content

Asterisk...

More
18 years 11 months ago #8470 by jhun
Asterisk... was created by jhun
hi to all,

anyone ever heard of Asterisk?...and has anyone ever configured one say for call center usage?..can you please, provide some insigths on its usefulness and reliability as well as its stability and if it could handle a task such as within a call center industry?..

i have recently stumbled on to it and was completely amazed by its features and how it could be very powerful for a PBX system. Kindly share your inputs...i would be glad to hear them :wink:
More
18 years 11 months ago #8474 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Asterisk...
Hello,

I've been using Asterisk for about 5 months and never had a stability issue. Of course I can't say I've pushed it to any limits, it just serves for an amateur network handling a few calls per day -rarely more than one at the same time.

As for it's features it can do just everything I can think of. It's configuration is quite thorough, but only few things are critical for a simple setup.
More
18 years 11 months ago #8491 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Asterisk...
hi nske

thanks for the reply....

yeah i think asterisk would go a long way considering the things it can do...by the way, can you provide me some links on some "how-to's" on asterisk?...i would really appreciate them a lot. i've also managed to setup a simple asterisk implementation using xlite softphones but somehow i'm having a trouble with communication. i was able to ring the other end but when answered nothing is heard...probably some config is needed on the sip.conf and extensions.conf files huh... :?
well nevertheless thanks and i would like to hear from you soon regarding your configuration... :D
More
18 years 11 months ago #8492 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Asterisk...
Hey Jhun,

Here are some helpful texts I have in my bookmarks.

Asterisk Documentation Project
Asterisk Intro
Asterisk Quickstart
Asterisk guide
Asterisk Step by Step Installation
Guide to Asterisk
Asterisk Handbook
Asterisk article
VoIP and POTS Integration with Asterisk
Asterisk: A Bare-Bones VoIP Example

My configuration is really nothing worth mentioning, I've yet to experiment with most options and features. Thank goodness for the reasonable samples! :)
More
18 years 11 months ago #8493 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Asterisk...
hey nske thanks alot for the links man. some of them i already have visited and some are really very usefull. again many thanks man. it seems that asterisk has some very limited resources huh... :D ...
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #20711 by Supreme7
Our company is about to move to a new office and are looking to scale our current phone system. We are big fans of Open source software and have been doing some research on using Asterisk. However it appears our need are a little left handed. Asterisk will support the number of connections we need and "SIP Trunking". Does any body know if it will support Huntgroups /workgroups with failover by busy, failover by idle, and tiered failover by group? Also are there any plugins for web based management? Our office runs three to four diffrent O.S so webased will be nice. :D

Thanks ........>
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds