Skip to main content

iperf reports from what layer?

More
14 years 8 months ago #31426 by Ender
Does anyone know at way layer 'iperf' is measuring it's performance statistics at? If it says throughput is at 10Mbps ... is that including network headers and trailers, lower or higher?

Are there other recommended open source tools that you guys use for measuring network performance?

Any help much appreciated.
More
14 years 8 months ago #31451 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: iperf statistics
Not really sure about iperf.

Are there other recommended open source tools that you guys use for measuring network performance?.

If your not looking at Linux/Unix only then these might help:

Qcheck is one free tool that can do that: www.ixchariot.com/products/datasheets/qcheck.html

There is also the lite version of "MyConnection PC": www.myconnectionpc.com/lite.html

I been also using some online services like www.speedtest.net/ for external testing.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 8 months ago #31457 by Ender
Thanks for the ideas, but definately looking for linux tools.
More
14 years 8 months ago #31479 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic speed test works great....
Hey Ender though u not looking for non Linux tools, www.speedtest.net is also nice, once u have an active internet connection u can test ur uplink and downlink.. (especially when u feel us ISP is cheating u) well in respect to ur need. u could check out synaptic there are many stuffs there for monitoring network performance. also check out www.sourceforge.net search for wat u want under the networking tab, get a repository and add to ur synaptic manager... u should be good to go...

meanwhile -

......................."but definately looking for Linux tools"

(I love the attitude in the statement)

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 8 months ago #31485 by Ender
Heh, bummer, I'm running a stand-alone private wireless network testbed not connected to the internet.
More
14 years 8 months ago #31490 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic what is the bummer?
hey what, who is the bummer?

The Forum reply, the few replies, my reply, or the situation u facing?

not so good word. and besides ur latest post has nothing to do with linux / unix which i thought it had. so why don't u make a new post under wireless (networking > wireless) and learn to choose ur words..

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds