Skip to main content

Smtp & Ipcop

More
14 years 9 months ago #30966 by Nikesh
Smtp & Ipcop was created by Nikesh
hi, i have installed an addon TrafficControlAndReport addon for IPCOP(tcar) however i cannot get the server to sned emails using my exchange server. what can i put in to the rc.firewall ruless to allow smtp traffic ?
More
14 years 9 months ago #30968 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Smtp & Ipcop
If I understand this correctly, your trying to have your IPCOP box (Linux) send out emails or notification via email to your Exchange server? Your not going to be able to do this, respectively. You will need a relay such as sendmail and the utility mailx to send(forward) emails to your Exchange box.

You will need to configure the sendmail.cf file, not the sendmail.conf file. Within sendmail.cf you will find a .cw file which needs to be left as localhost on the network. After installing mailx which is the default mail client, you can send(forward) the emails to your exchange box.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 9 months ago #30976 by Nikesh
Replied by Nikesh on topic Re: Smtp & Ipcop
do i have to load mailx ? how would i know if it is insalled ? pardon my ignorance as i am new to linux. thanks
More
14 years 8 months ago #31612 by factory909
Replied by factory909 on topic Re: Smtp & Ipcop
he might be able to to do it with just sendmail, but on your exchange server, you will need to allow it to relay from your sendmail server.

heres an example:
I installed a cms on our freebsd server..well we wanted a job application/form on there, and to send it to the payrolling departments email address which is handled through Exchange on our DC.

Well ok, I got sendmail installed to a T, and tried to get the form to be sent to the payroll department..nothing...finally got to messing around with Exchange, and I had to enter my freebsds servers IP address in the allow relay portion of exchange..after that everything was golden.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds