Skip to main content

OCS Inventory

More
16 years 3 months ago #24711 by skepticals
OCS Inventory was created by skepticals
Has anyone used OCS Inventory before? I have used it in the past and really like it; however, I am having some issues due to my lack of knowledge of Linux.

I'm trying to create a self-signed certificate and configure apache to use it...
More
16 years 3 months ago #24717 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: OCS Inventory
I tried installing it but failed so I jumped at Zenoss, a network monitoring software...the installation was a breeze. It also displays information about installed software, which I think you told me is what OCS does. I haven't played much with Zenoss, other than configure SNMP on SNMP capable devices
More
16 years 3 months ago #24726 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: OCS Inventory
I have OCS installed and I could manually install the agent and everything would be fine, but I wanted to push it to the PCs with a GPO which requires a SSL certificate.

Any thoughts on Zonoss versus Nagios? I plan to use one but wasn't sure which to use.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24729 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: OCS Inventory
I just installed the Zenoss Virtual Machine and it looks really good right now.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24736 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: OCS Inventory
Cool

I didn't actually read the whole manual. the steps to setup a monitor are pretty simple. On windows its simple too....setup the SNMP and SNMP trap service, set the community, and you're set (after doing a few steps on zenoss).
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds