Skip to main content

slackware 12 issues w/ vmserver

More
16 years 5 months ago #24023 by skylimit
Hello guys, I've been running slack 12 with VM server for a few months now and havent had any problem at all. Recently, I've been experiencing a very annoying lack of responsiveness with my system. I think it all started with vmware always 'stealing' the mouse pointer whenever I click into it (I have vmtools installed). It takes afew seconds before the pointer gets released. I have installed a newer version of vmware server but to no avail. I now rdesktop to a virtual machine so I can use ms outlook and stuff. Surprisingly, my linux box itself has picked up the strange behaviour but slightly differently - I have to click a couple of times to get the target e.g. navigation bar etc. I run all this on an Intel core 2 Duo, 2Gig RAM etc. Can anyone suggest how to fix this or anyone experienced a similar problem?

any responses appreciated.

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
More
16 years 5 months ago #24125 by sc0g
First things first... make sure you don't have a bad stick of RAM. To check my RAM's performance, I just pop in my Kubuntu 7.10 CD and select the "RAM TEST" option.

Second... Have you tried a google search for "VMWare performance" on Slackware 12?

Third... I assume this is a 32-bit OS, correct? I installed a 64-bit Ubuntu OS on my AMD 64-bit processor and I had similar "unresponsiveness" that you seem to be experiencing.

I know those are very silly check-ups to perform, but you've got to start somewhere :-)

Kubuntu 7.10 64-bit
3.0ghz AMD2 64-bit 6000+
2GB DDR2
160GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300
More
16 years 5 months ago #24130 by skylimit
Thanks I'll try them out.

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds