Skip to main content

Security in linux!

More
16 years 6 months ago #23705 by Allba
Security in linux! was created by Allba
Hi everybody!

I think still linux has a few security flaws, a common misconception that linux is "hard" to use ? If i am right or.....?

please reply to me soon.............
More
16 years 6 months ago #23711 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Security in linux!
I'm not completely sure what your asking, but yes it still has security flaws. All OSs have flaws. As far as it being "hard", that depends on your definition of hard. In my opinion, the end user has more control with Linux over something like Windows. The user has more configurations to do because the user can change a great deal of the OS. Some may considre this "hard" because the OS doesn't try to think for you. However, some of the new Linux Distros are becoming more like that.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23929 by hash29
Replied by hash29 on topic Re: Security in linux!
If you using linux OS on your PC at home you don't have to secure by firewalls and anti virus programs that system, if you don't use ssh server you don't have to carry about hackers and etc. etc.

But if you use linux OS as server you have to spend some time to configure firewall rules, enable root login only by su command and add some users to group wheel which gruop and only that group can login as root by su command.

Regards
Piotr Madera

--
Best regards
Piotr Madera
registered Linux user #357427
More
16 years 5 months ago #23962 by sc0g
Replied by sc0g on topic Re: Security in linux!
Like the previous post, the security flaws for a desktop running Linux is very minimal since it will not be running very many server processes as a desktop setup.

Security issues come into play when you're working with building a server in linux since you will have many processes listening for connections (ie: ssh, ftp, smtp, httpd...and so on...)

Kubuntu 7.10 64-bit
3.0ghz AMD2 64-bit 6000+
2GB DDR2
160GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300
More
15 years 8 months ago #27035 by doll
Replied by doll on topic security in linux
First, keep in mind that no computer system can ever be completely secure. All you can do is make it increasingly difficult for someone to compromise your system. For the average home Linux user, not much is required to keep the casual cracker at bay. However, for high-profile Linux users (banks, telecommunications companies, etc), much more work is required.
=============================================
dollydoll

for details

www.security.com [/url]
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds