Skip to main content

Its been so long

More
15 years 6 months ago #27557 by Lindows
Its been so long was created by Lindows
Hi Guys,

I've gone for some time know. Believe it or not, i've been day trading, risky stuff. Its fun, i get a kick off the rush. Anyway, i hope you guys have been doing well, since our current economic conditions.

I have a IBOOK that boots up and shows the apple screen, then the screen goes blue, the hard-drive doesn't click, and i tried booting up with a OSX cd, but nothing.

I hope to all ideas

Lidnows
More
15 years 6 months ago #27570 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Its been so long
Hey Lindows!

Welcome back!!

What kind of iBook do you have? There was a large batch of Apple laptops that had faulty hard drives. A friend of mine bought one of the new iBooks and she had the exact symptoms about a month or two after purchasing it. I believe the warranty does cover a hard drive replacement, especially if you have a laptop that is under that certain batch.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 6 months ago #27607 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Its been so long
Hi Lindows!

Haven't come across this problem before, but it seems like a drive issue. Is this and iBook or MacBook?

When starting up with a CD in the drive, do you press the 'C' key while booting? Also try these options while booting and let me know what happens.

-'Shift' Boot into "Safe Boot" mode, which runs Disk First Aid. A reboot will be required afterward.
-'Option' (alt) Boot into Open Firmware to select a boot device

Cheers,

Harry
More
15 years 6 months ago #27718 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Ok
Hey guys,

I'm glad to know your still here. Thanks for the advice. I'll apply these practices when i get home.

Cheers

Lindows
More
15 years 6 months ago #27730 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Its been so long
Let us know how it goes Lindows ;-)
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds