Skip to main content

Leopard OS

More
16 years 3 months ago #24543 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Leopard OS
Ah yes... the Mac enthusiast of the firewall.cx team has returned! woohoo!!!!

So, you your enjoying the Leopard OS? I currently have 2 Macs, an iBook(G4) and an iMac(Intel). I was thinking about throwing Leopard on my iBook, but I must admit I'm a bit weary about putting it on my iMac. From what I read so far, and saw at the local Apple store the OS looks great. I saw an article in my latest Networking World magazine discussing Leopard, and they get into the pros and cons of it. I'll have to read it and give you some details on it.

I totally agree with you on the fresh install. I'm not a fan of upgrading any OS. A fresh install is always the way to go.

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
16 years 3 months ago #24565 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Leopard OS
Hey Zippy,

Glad to be back! I must say in total it's a great OS. The machine that I had the least problems actually was the Intel iMac and I did an upgrade.

If you are worried about certain things, just post them here and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Harry
More
16 years 3 months ago #24570 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Leopard OS
Yawn... :-)
More
16 years 3 months ago #24588 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Leopard OS
Ah Skepticals ...he's still in the dark. Poor guy! Hehe.

Honestly, have you given Mac a chance? I'm not saying to completely get rid of Windows, but everybody should have a Mac or two in their office or lab. They do come in handy! :)

ZiPPy
More
16 years 3 months ago #24596 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Leopard OS
Being a switcher (from windows to linux to Mac OS X) I must say that you can't judge if you haven't given it a chance.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24607 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Leopard OS
Actually, I CAN judge anything without using it - that's the beauty of stupidity!

I just love how people compare/complain/contrast between Windows, Mac, and Linux. I look at them as tools and you can pretty much do the same with all to an extent.

I have more of a problem with the "Mac Following" than the product. I know it's illogical to do so; however it passes the time.

I was only trying to give Zippy a hard time. What? Did you expect me to do work?
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds