Skip to main content

United in ramadan

More
14 years 8 months ago #31570 by sose
United in ramadan was created by sose
This thread was deleted by the site Administrator due to its religious contents.
More
14 years 8 months ago #31793 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: United in ramadan
Where I come from, there are certain topics that are Banned in Pubs (or used to be) - Sport, Politics and Religion.

Now, before everyone starts having a go at me. I used to be a communion taking member of the Free Church of Scotland and a Sunday School Teacher for many years, so I don't have issues with people who have religious beliefs.

However, I think that although we have a few "fun" sections, we should think carefully about things that go on the site and in these sections. We are after all primarily a Technical Knowledge site, and a Community second (others may disagree). Also, you have to think that although you might not have an issue with something, it may offend someone else.

I'd be interested to hear everyone else's thoughts on this. Isn't democracy a great concept, and it works really well on this site.

The will of the majority usually wins, unless Chris thinks otherwise ;)

Cheers

Rockape
More
14 years 8 months ago #31795 by talk2sp
Rockape i actually had an ill feeling when sose made this post. but well i did not comment so Sose wont feel i am trailing him and besides he stays in a state few hours drive away from me.

I'm gonna be sincere it's really not a good idea to post stuff like the one sose did. We are all from different religious believes on this site and em having to bugg the next geek with ur religious stuff is not tight especially on this site (which carries 99.9% of technical activity).

Sose said -

2. [Removed by Admin]

3. [Removed by Admin]

[Removed by Admin]

Sose what those who are not Muslims or Christians so should every one make his default home page a quaranic site. (You were been too Extreme) and thus to challenge u do u think making ones home page a quaranic site or any thing the person stands for, really is a measure of the persons commitments to his God (god)????????

What if everyone on this site had to bring his personal believe or religion talk here. Makes no sense at all. That's not what the site stands for.

We (firewall.cx) are not religion / religious sensitive. If a geek worships the devil or some other thing. well we are interested in the geeks contribution technically not Wat he worships OR what he stands for and belief in.

I rest my case.

CODE 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 8 months ago #31819 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: United in ramadan
We are well aware that Firewall.cx is a place where everyone can share their thoughts and opinion on a wide variety of topics, without being criticised by others.

I don't believe that the comments on this thread are applying any type of criticism, and hope that sose sees it the same way.

Everyone's beliefs are well respected, but I too feel the same way as Rockape and talk2sp. Sose is a well respected member of this family and this post certainly won't change that.

However, in order to clear things up, I am going to remove the related links and modify Sose's post accordingly.

Cheers lads :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
14 years 8 months ago #31841 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: United in ramadan
chris wrote
Sose is a well respected member of this family and this post certainly won't change that.

I feel honored by this comment

talk2sp wrote
Sose what those who are not Muslims or Christians so should every one make his default home page
a quaranic site. (You were been too Extreme) and thus to challenge u do u think making ones
home page a quaranic site or any thing the person stands for, really is a measure of the persons commitments to his God (god)????????

talk2sp you are suppose to be telling the members of this forum the kind of person I am, and I am a bit disappointed you did not do that.You use to be my student some 4 years ago when I was teaching you how to crimp a UTP cable and we had nice times together: the cafes, social centres that kind of thing, and you know I am not like that. even if you chipped in some observations that you are not confortable about, you are still suppose to be saying that sose is not like
that.

rockape wrote
Also, you have to think that although you might not have an issue with something, it may offend someone else.

I also appreciate this unbiased outside opinion. rockape, people have wished me merry chrismas on this site
this site, I recieved the wish happily because of my religious maturity. when I posted that
post one will understand whether I am refering to him or not, and he can choose to
ignore it. Just like a host on a LAN, when a message not meant for it, it doesnt process it.
I was actually refering to my fellow muslims. I am okay with your actions if the post will
cause a stir here.
More
14 years 8 months ago #31984 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: United in ramadan
Sose,

If I offended you in any way, please accept my apologies, there was never any intention to do that.

I hope that over the time we've been here, we've become friends, and I hope that will continue for many years to come.

In addition, I hope Ramadan is going well for you, and for when it comes, happy Eid :D

Rockape
(ps - I count myself lucky to have many very good and close Muslin friends. Due to them I've learned to enjoy Curry's properly. In addition, I've even learned (having been shouted at a few times) to eat without a knife and fork, and to eat Dhall without a spoon (you can guess how messy that was the first few times :D ))
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds