Skip to main content

Google Earth Pro. Since it's so popular

More
18 years 9 months ago #9384 by ping
I recently heard about the google earth pro and was amazed to see the features and services of it .

[code:1]Google Earth Pro offers the same features as the free release with some added capabilities; some of which include, but are not limited to:
Higher Resolution on Images
Live Website, Email, and Phone Support
Measurement Ability
Ability for Add-ons
GPS Capabilities
GIS ingest – incorporate GIS data in files formats such as .shp, .tab
Movie maker – export compressed movies (.wmv) of zooms and tours
Premium printing – print high-resolution images up to 11" x 17".
Premium data – add traffic counts from GDT.
Costar shopping center database.

The higher res images, are not really that much better than the ones in Plus and
Free. As far as the Support goes, I haven't used it, but it's great to have. Once I
got a chance to play with the Measurement tool, I was hooked. You just click one location, then click another and it tells the distance in Miles between the two. The addon's are pretty good, and I look forward to new ones. I can't really say much about the printing, or the GPS, because I haven't used either yet. I did purchase the Movie Maker addon which allows you to save your searches in video format, that is always a good thing.
[/code:1]

Things that can be improved:

Though, I found this application to be good, I have noticed a few minor
improvements that could be made.

1. Whilst viewing in OpenGL, you constantly get this window at startup asking you
if you want to switch to DirectX. I think they should offer the "Don't ask again"
option.

2. The Full screen interface could be set to include the search bar and the control
panel.

3. Google could also add some theme support so users can personalize their
experience.

What i think of this aplication :

[code:1][/code:1]

Overall, I am very impressed with this application, and intend to purchase one of the Google Earth Servers and look forward for more good things to come from Google.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds