Skip to main content

Remote Access Tools

More
19 years 4 months ago #6499 by Streaminghack
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good remote access tool to access some of our clients computers. I have tried a few:

VNC
pcanywhere
Remote Anything
Radmin

I find radmin to be the best for my needs the new 3.0 beta viewer has great features.
Remote Anything has a callback feature that allows you to get passed firewalls, NAT... By allowing the slave to make the outgoing connection to the master. Anyone know of other programs that do this?

What Remote Tools do you use?

This site is great keep up the good work!!
More
19 years 4 months ago #6502 by MezzUp
Replied by MezzUp on topic Re: Remote Access Tools

Remote Anything has a callback feature that allows you to get passed firewalls, NAT... By allowing the slave to make the outgoing connection to the master. Anyone know of other programs that do this?

I've used VNC a little bit when my friend needs help with his computer. I open up a port on my router, run VNC Viewer in listen mode, and then tell my friend to start a server, and "Add new client", and give him my IP.
Are you talking about something like that or?
More
19 years 4 months ago #6504 by Streaminghack
Replied by Streaminghack on topic VNC
Yes something like that .

What I like about Remote Anything is that its transparent to the end user. once you install the slave on the clients computers it keeps on connecting to the server. So if you have a mobile user as soon as they go online you see them on your screen if they have a problem all you have to do is click on them to connect. they don't have to do anything.
What I don't like about the program is its GUI and that its slower than anyother remote tool I have tried.

Thanks for your reply!
More
19 years 4 months ago #6510 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Remote Access Tools
I use SSH for most remote access, if need be I tunnel X over that..
Free NX is great as well

For home use, my own portknocking shell with reverse connect features :) still experimental though.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #8009 by activeasim
Replied by activeasim on topic Re: Remote Access Tools
You could also use the following softwares

Radmin

Dameware

Thanks and Regards

Asim
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #8026 by gl0bal
Replied by gl0bal on topic Re: Remote Access Tools
I use psexec quite a bit. Its not GUI so you get to practice cmd line windows which can be more challenging and thus more fun.

It doesn't run interactive with the remote user ie you can be remotely accessing the remote computer and running commands on it without the remote user knowing and with the remote user carrying on their work.

However if your remote target uses McAfee VirusScan 8.0 AV then it will prevent remote connections by psexec. It deems psexec an "unwanted program" :twisted:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds