Skip to main content

COPYRIGHT PROBLEM... SOLUTION WANTED...

More
17 years 8 months ago #16656 by talk2sp
my people its me again...

i have this problem and it is i have this winxp sp1 cd' that i bought from a local store.... but when i try to make a copy of it using NERO it completes the burning process, when i try to use it as a boot cd so i could format, it does not read the CD.

how can i do it in such a way that it reads the CD after burning and what do i do so i could be able to copy copyrighted CD's

which software do i need to work with....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 8 months ago #16662 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic copyright violation
nnbnbhi,
if you are trying to copy a copy protected CD, then i must tell you that what you are doing right now is copyright violation. if some cd is not mean to be copied, copyright protection is administered on it while the original cd is written. hence copying that CD will generate incomplete copied disks, as the cd burn process will lack vital end information to complete the CD.
specially this is an OS cd from microsoft. even if you manage to make a hundred copies, you will not be able to run them on seperate pc's. this is because apart from the first pc on which the OS has been installed and registered, the OS will install on all other computers, but will encountered a Windows Activation issue. you see, after massive piracy attacks on Microsoft products, they have come up with this well thought solution. once a product is installed on a computer, you are asked to register by using your internet connection or your telephone line, or by manually calling up the Microsoft Helpdesk. so that OS is registered again one pc with a unique hardware signature. try to use the same OS cd on other pc will not work.
if you only want to work out a boot cd, you can do it from any winxp installation by following the procedure in the following link :
www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 8 months ago #16663 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic creating protections....
Arani how do u create protections.... i asked this question cos Nero i doubt if their burner has that facility. does it?

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 8 months ago #16666 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic cd
hi,
i have stopped using nero for a long time, so sorry for not being able to ascertain if nero would create a copy protected cd or not.
but i know of a certain software which will let you create copy-protected cd and dvd.
it's called freelock. try a google search and you can download it for free.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds