Skip to main content

Subnet Tutor?

More
17 years 10 months ago #15491 by stteng
Subnet Tutor? was created by stteng
I was wondering if anyone knows more about a program named Subnet Tutor? Somebody in Cisco's forum recommended it highly. This person used this program to get their subnetting down to less than a minute per problem.

I was looking at its website: www.iscinc.com/SubnetTutor/ . If I read its company's return policy correctly, all sales are final! I think that you can only use their demo for three questions. That is BAD since I want to know how it works and I need more that three questions to do it.

Thanks
stteng
More
17 years 10 months ago #15521 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: Subnet Tutor?
If your just after a subnet calculator then www.net3group.com does a nice one where it will break down and show you all the subnets of in binary and decimal etc. No limit on use.

For learning purposes, this site is good and there is a stickied article outlining a subnetting method which can give you very fast times working out subnets by memorising a short table. I have been working with this and just need to remember 4 numbers in order to reproduce the entire table quickly. The sticky is here www.firewall.cx/ftopict-2145.html

www.learntosubnet.com/ is also supposed to be a very good tutor although I haven't used this site.
More
17 years 10 months ago #15539 by stteng
Replied by stteng on topic Subnet Tutor experiences
I have a subnet calculator but Subnet Tutor claims that they can generate an infinite of subnetting problem at different levels besides having a subnet tuorial & subnet calculator too.

I just want to know if anyone has used this program before and does it do what it claims.

I think that it only has a three question demo period and according to its website: www.iscinc.com , all sales are final. I am just curious how this program actually works.

Thanks for your reply
stteng
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds