Skip to main content

Word Document

More
17 years 11 months ago #15122 by The_Berzerker
Word Document was created by The_Berzerker
Hey,
I need to create a word document that the person using it will be able to add data but not manipulate it. It will need to be printable. Has anyone done something like that before??
I thought of a template but then they could alter the page, a feature that i don't want.
Waiting for suggestions...
Cheers
More
17 years 11 months ago #15123 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Word Document
A possibility is making an editable .pdf. The user could enter their information into the editable portions of the file, and print it out in the template that you want. The Acrobat reader won't allow them to save their inputted information, though, so maybe this isn't exactly what you're looking for. I'm not sure if there is a similar feature with Word or OpenOffice.

-Jeremy-
More
17 years 11 months ago #15138 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Word Document
You can create a form in Word and then protect the form elements thus allowing users to enter data, but preventing them from making changes to the document structure. "View/Toolbars/Forms" will display the Forms toolbar which contains the components required to create your form.
More
17 years 11 months ago #15140 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Word Document
Cheers guys,
jwj, I had thought of that but they won't be able to save which is an essential part.
Dalight, I'll try it out and infrom you about the results. I believe that it will work...
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds