Skip to main content

LAN Software

More
17 years 11 months ago #15028 by donanak
LAN Software was created by donanak
I don't know if I'm in the right forum but, it can be moved if it isn't.

I have about 40+ computers on a domain - Windows Server 2003. I want to know if there is a particular program which I can run on my laptop when I get to work and know which computers are connected and their IP's.

So that when there's a problem which may not be hardware related I can remotely log in and fix it or work on the problem. Since we're on DHCP, the program should be able to determine at any point of time what the IP's of the clients computers are.

Also, I want this program run from my laptop which is also going to have a dynamic ip assigned.

Well, guys the dice is cast. Any help or ideas welcome.

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
More
17 years 11 months ago #15029 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Scanner
nnbnbIf you want a cheap (freeware) and cheerful bit of software have a look at the MAC scanner from www.blabsoft.com
More
17 years 11 months ago #15048 by donanak
Replied by donanak on topic Re: LAN Software
Thanks for the reply, I checked it out and it looks like it is going to do the job but I was wondering if it will import AD users and groups from my machine.

I read their help and online info and couldn't find anything related to that. Looking at how it works, it'll run from the server to be able to import the AD users and groups.

Is there an open source program that can help me as I'm running a Gentoo on my laptop. Otherwise i shall have to install Crossover Office to get this to work provided it'll import from my laptop.

All ideas and help welcome.

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
More
17 years 11 months ago #15051 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Scanner
I don't think it will import them; I think it just scans the network then every machine it finds it interrogates and displays whatever information it can get from it
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds