Skip to main content

Networking Question.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22531 by ayinky
Networking Question. was created by ayinky
Hi,

I'm not very familiar with this networking stuff but my friend gave me his assignment question to answer. I'm sort of blur with the question, so pls anyone help me :

Question :
Company Z requires 1059 nodes to be connected to the network across 37 subnetwork.

1. What is the class of IP that is required for allocation?
>>> Class B (am I right?)

2. How will this address be subnetted to allow for the 37 physical networks to exist?
>>> I've got no idea at all :(

3. Can the network be subnetted to allow for growth?
>>> No idea too :(

4. What is the total number of nodes that can be individually addressed at each location?
>>> ....

5. Assuming that Class B address is to be used for addressing the nodes, what is the problem that you foresee in this setup?
>>> ....

6. Give a suggestion on how to overcome the problem.
>>> ....

Seems that he's my best friend, I'm willing to help him due to this site is very cool and specialized in networking etc.

Thanks in advance.
- ayinky -
More
16 years 9 months ago #22537 by yadav
Replied by yadav on topic Re: Networking Question.
Public IP Addresses

Public IP Addresses (also known as Static IP Addresses) are IP addresses that are visible to the public.Because these ip addresses are public, they allow other people to know about and access your computer, like a Web server.In some cases, you do not want people to access your computer or you want to restrict certain individuals from accessing your computer or server.

Private IP Addresses

These addresses can be used on a private network, but they’re not routable through the public Internet. This not only creates a measure of much-needed security, but it also conveniently saves valuable IP address space.

Current Private IP addresses as follows

Class A

10.0.0.0 through 10.255.255.255

Class B

172.16.0.0 through 172.31.255.255

Class C

192.168.0.0 through 192.168.255.255
More
16 years 9 months ago #22538 by yadav
Replied by yadav on topic ip_range
Public IP Addresses

Public IP Addresses (also known as Static IP Addresses) are IP addresses that are visible to the public.Because these ip addresses are public, they allow other people to know about and access your computer, like a Web server.In some cases, you do not want people to access your computer or you want to restrict certain individuals from accessing your computer or server.

Private IP Addresses

These addresses can be used on a private network, but they’re not routable through the public Internet. This not only creates a measure of much-needed security, but it also conveniently saves valuable IP address space.

Current Private IP addresses as follows

Class A

10.0.0.0 through 10.255.255.255

Class B

172.16.0.0 through 172.31.255.255

Class C

192.168.0.0 through 192.168.255.255
More
16 years 9 months ago #22542 by ayinky
Replied by ayinky on topic Re: Networking Question.
Thanks but I do expect more answers especially for questions 2 onwards.
More
16 years 9 months ago #22545 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Networking Question.
You're expecting more answers to your "friend's" homework questions...
More
16 years 9 months ago #22628 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Networking Question.
I see people are still coming on the forums to get there homework done by others. :lol:

I do expect more answers especially for questions 2 onwards.

Your joking right?

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds