Skip to main content

Setting up a belkin wireless router 802.11g

More
19 years 3 months ago #6824 by mickey
:roll: Now I am trying to setup a belkin wireless router 802.11g with an inbuilt adsl router. I am connecting to the router with USB wireless dongle supporting the g technology.

Now it is conecting to the router but it will just not connect to the internet. Looking at the status on the router it is saying the adsl is connected but their is no connection to the laptop i am connecting it to. I have checked the user name and password and they are correct. There is no security settings at the moment so please help!! :shock:
More
19 years 3 months ago #6833 by netmaster
To resolve this issue, restore the router to factory defaults by holding down the reset button on the back of the router for 40 seconds (use a paper clip). The power light will flash and then come back ON solid, indicating that the router is being restored to factory defaults.

Then, log on to the router web interface at http://192.168.2.1

By default, the password is blank

Reconfigure the connection on the router.

Note: Restoring the router to factory defaults will revert the values on the router to factory settings.

and also reset the router, using the restore to factory defalut option under utilities
More
17 years 9 months ago #15325 by Staticrichard
Hi,

First of all This site is Great!!!, Iam a new member to this group and its a Privilege to be a part of it.

There are two possible reason why this issues arrises.

1. If you type the wireless encryption key wroungly.
2. The wireless adapator is not in sync with Windows OS,
better configure the Utility that comes along with the wireless
adapator. :D
More
17 years 9 months ago #15336 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Issues
Good point there staticrichard. Some manufacturer's driver/software set for wireless adapters wages war with the Wireless Zero Configuration service under XP and typically the connection is there - then it's not - then it's there - then it's not...
To get round that, just stop the Wireless Zero Config Service, set it to manual startup and use the manufacturer's utility to configure the card and set up the connection
More
17 years 9 months ago #15339 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic wireless dongle issue
hi,
this sounds very familiar to me. i had a netgear wireless adsl router, and the dongle from speedtouch would not just let me get on the internet inspite of saying that i am connected.
that wireless dongle that you have, is it from belkin itself, or is it from some other company?
i am saying this because due to some very peculiar reason, a netgear would only talk with a netgear, and maybe again in your case, a belkin would talk to a belkin again.
if you have gone through the troubleshooting as prescribed by others, try getting yourself a belkin wireless usb dongle. try using it, if it manages to go online without any problems, i would attribute this to be due to some obscure Murphy's Law :lol:

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds