Skip to main content

Network between 2 buildings

More
19 years 4 months ago #6361 by activeasim
In Building #1, there are numerous workstations with a Leased Line connectivity and In Building #2, there are around 4 Workstations. The two buildings are separated by a busy street with parking spaces.
Let me know how the building 2 should be connected with building 1 network.What are all the networking components required for connecting with building 1.My boss is telling to use dialup line in Building 2 and he is asking what neccessary need to be done for connectivity to Building 1.
Provide me the feasible solution so that I can suggest him.
Thank you for your help.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6362 by magen
in my opinion you can connect this two networks with acess point or with adsl (dsl, hdsl) modems
More
19 years 4 months ago #6363 by magen
for further information look www.dlink.com/products/air.asp
More
19 years 4 months ago #6364 by The_Berzerker
I would suggest a wireless point to point link. You can use either access points or wireless cards and you should use directional antennas.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6370 by Chris
Another great solution for these cases is the use of Laser wireless links. They offer high speeds and are very robust, but slightly expensive.

A colleague of mine has implemented it numerous times, let me know if your interested so I can find out more details.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 3 months ago #6404 by jhun
hi chris

your suggestion sounds interesting...can you provide more details regarding this kind of technology..the pros and cons...thanks
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds