Skip to main content

logging to domain from wireless comptuers.

More
17 years 7 months ago #16489 by Dove
nnbnbIt sounds that your Wireless system was not communicating / Accessing your Access Point.

I am new to Wireless Techology but What suspecting is that you need to enable the access permission to that Wireless System to your Access Point.

Hope once the Wireless system get communicate then this problem will be resolved. Let me know if its worked out for you.

Pl chk this link
www.ncsu.edu/resnet/wireless/netgear/netgear_mr814v2.php It will helps you to configure your AP.

Dove
More
17 years 7 months ago #16524 by donanak
I think Arani is right that you need to first get the Wireless card software sorted by making windows manage the card if possible.

I have a similar setup and as soon as I turn on my laptop I press the wireless button and it just connects to my AP and log on to the domain with no problems.

First try and see if you can get Windows to manage the card.

FYI: I am using a linksys AP and Intel Pro wireless 2200BG built into the laptop.

Let us know how you get on.

HTH

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
More
17 years 7 months ago #16526 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic wireless ap issue
check the image below

as you can see, the router or even the dhcp server wont assign IP addresses to any of the wireless enabled computers untill and unless it sees them and correspondingly responds to their respective DHCP requests. for this to happen, the wireless connection between the AP and the computers needs to be up and running before you try to logon to your domain. the sequence should be:
1) computers boot up and have their wireless cards enabled
2) computers request for IP address by broadcasting their MAC addresses to their AP
3) AP forwards the requests to the DHCP server.
4) DHCP server responds to the requests by assigning IP addresses to the corresponding computers
5) in the mean time the computers have booted up properly, and are ready for logging on to their domain by using their network client logon software (e.g novell client etc)
in your case, steps 1,2 and 3 is not being completed in that sequence. the computer boots up straight to the client screen, without even going through steps 1, 2 or 3.
your only work around in this case would be to boot up the computers as standalone workstations, enable the wireless connection in them so that they have an IP address assigned, then logoff (not reboot). now you can log back on into your domain using the client software

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds