Skip to main content

Policy base Routing

More
11 years 5 months ago #38184 by mana.shear
Hi

I am very new to CISCO and was wondering of come one can help me out with the configuration.

I have 4 Vlans running on CISCO 3730 and a 5520 ASA.

I have 2 Internet Connect connected to 2 different 2951 routers. One of these internet connection is going to 5520.

I want to configure the Network in a way, that one of the VLAN which Vlan 140 goes to the 1841 router and not the 2951.

Could someone please advise as how can I get this done.
More
11 years 4 months ago #38186 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Policy base Routing
Mana,

It would greatly help if you could also provide us with a network map so the layout is clearly understood.

In any case, your solution is, as you noted in the topic, Policy Based Routing.

While we do not have an article covering exactly your scenario, our Policy Base Routing with IP SLA article is adequate to help you understand what needs to be done:

www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledg...a-auto-redirect.html

The general idea is that you have one of the two routers (2951A & 2951B) as a gateway e.g 2951A. On your gateway router 2951A, create a PBR policy and apply it to its internal interface (the one facing to your LAN), so that it redirects the traffic you want (e.g VLAN 140 traffic) to the appropriate router (1841).

As traffic enters 2951A, it will match your VLAN 140 traffic via access lists and redirect it to the 1841 router.

The implementation is pretty straight forward.

If things are not that clear, post a diagram so we can be more specific.

Hope that helps.

Chris.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds