Skip to main content

Linksys Wireless router

More
20 years 1 week ago #3381 by richelle214
i have this new pc.....i use a linksys wireless adapter...when i check my network connections....i see the wireless network connection enable but i still have that one which called internet gateway...i supposed that is an internet connection sharing software.....when i disable that i can no longer access the internet...but linksys said that if im using the router i should not use an ics in my network and i did that...i uninstall internet gateway but now i cant connect..if i have that enable my connection is fine...

what will i do?....please help........

"long live linksys"
More
20 years 1 week ago #3384 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Linksys Wireless router
If I have understood your problem correctly, when viewing your "Network Places", there are two icons, one representing your Wireless network adaptor and another one called "Internet Gateway", which when disabled, you loose your connection ?

If I haven't understood your problem correctly, can you please provide us with more information?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 1 week ago #3387 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Linksys Wireless router
As Chris said, a little more detail would be helpful.. however I'm guessing you're using Windows XP internet connection sharing..

if its working with the gateway icon there, then why not just leave it that way ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 week ago #3389 by richelle214
i do apologize for that........

yeah chris, you are right...when im viewing my network place where the icons are...i have the wireless network connection, local area connection, lan hi speed internet and this internet gateway......all of them are disable except for the wireless network connection and internet gateway thing....now, if i disable the internet gateway i loose the connection.....if i enable it i conect the internet....

im sorry im not that techy person......i hope you understand....thanks....

"long live linksys"
More
20 years 4 days ago #3443 by mrymptryx
Replied by mrymptryx on topic Linksys Technical Support
Good day Richelle,

<1> Internet gateway and ICS shuld be disable if you're using wireless adapter from Linksys, If necessary, you can uninstall and delete them.

btw, are you using using WinXP? if yes, you should be using wireless zero config utility on your WinXP. And are you using a wireless router from Linksys as well?

<2> If you're running WinXP, on your system tray(on the bottom right corner of your screen,) you should see a double computer icon there, right click on that one and click on view available wireless network, you should suppose to see Linksys there under available network if you're using a wireless router from Linksys as well, highlight linksys and click connect on the bottom. Sometime you need to check -allow me to connect ..... and after that, when you point over your mouse on the double computer, you should have your wireless connection status and it should say connected and with a signal status. If this doesn't work, give us a call

+1-800-326-7114

Archee M.

Technical SUpport Professional
AT&T Global Network Services
MDNS -US -Tier 1
More
17 years 9 months ago #15488 by Staticrichard
Hi Richelle,

Please follow the suggestion provided by Chris, if you find
any trouble in understand, you may use this site for screenshots for futhur help, which i belive could be help full.
:idea:
va.zensupport.co.uk/

Richard
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds