Skip to main content

detecting the IP of a wireless access point

More
15 years 2 months ago #29314 by sose
I visited a production environment , so I grabbed the linksys access point and plugged it to the lan port of a my laptop.

now how do i get the IP address of this devce if my client dont know the IP. and I cant reset the access point to avoid losing its settings
More
15 years 2 months ago #29317 by talk2sp
Sose's made it tru the task... i think he's aight.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 2 months ago #29318 by S0lo
sose, if you were able to connect via DHCP. then do ipconfig /all the IP of the access point is the gateway IP shown to you.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 2 months ago #29320 by KiLLaBeE
If the above fails, get either Kismet or NetStumbler. Both of these software are wireless sniffers. NetStumbler is pretty easy to install and run. I don't remember if NetStumbler will tell you the AP's IP but I know for sure that Kismet will if the security on the AP is low.
More
15 years 2 months ago #29333 by sose
I was mad on site because I was unabe to detect the IP but my flexibility on DOS saved me

I type arp -a and immediately got the IP and the physical address of the linksys. It was when I got home that solo's method occured to me

regarding Killabae's option
I had a sniiffer on my laptop etherdetect but did not remember to use it

thanks chaps
More
13 years 10 months ago #34792 by kanna84
Why you don't try with this site www.ip-details.com/ for the IP address details ad searching... i too checked my IP details and internet speed test @ free of costs..
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds