Skip to main content

i am having serious issues with my new.. wap54g....

More
15 years 11 months ago #26141 by talk2sp
hi all. i just got a new wap54g linksys access point. after making all possible configurations and setting the ip address from 192.168.1.245 to 192.168.1.100 (i read in the user guide that the static ip address given to the AP must be within the range the router or dhcp server is supplying so i brought it down from 245 to 100...

after saving configurations on the linksys setup cd interface i was able to access the web based interface properly without issues. then at a particular time it seizes again. and i cant access it.

pls guys is there any thing wrong with my connection >

Internet Modem > Linksys router (with four ports + ethernet port)> dlink 24 port switch.....

(Cables connected properly)

i connected the access point to port 1 on the router.

i thought that if i had a problem with my connection then i wont be able to ping but i am presently using a wireless laptop i connected to the AP to send this message.

i need to get to the web portal so i can change my security keys and etc..

pls help. i wish there was an emoticon for crying here i will have inserted it... cos thats wat i feel like doing. i have been tweaking this problem over nite.

Note:

wen i ping 192.168.1.100 - t

it replies fine without timing out. but i cant access the web portal and funny of all is that wen i then try to go back using the cd setup it tells me it cant find my access point (wireless G). and yet i can ping it fine..

guys this thing is s******G me out i am begining to feel like the AP is ****

pls some one experience with similar issue pls help me.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 11 months ago #26144 by skepticals
Let me get this clear, you are unable to access the web-based interface of the access point, but you can ping it?

Try shutting it off and pinging the same address to make sure you are pinging the correct device.

What happens when you try to access it via your web browser?
More
15 years 10 months ago #26300 by talk2sp
the prob with the AP is like making me.....

ok let me give u my network stat -

i have a linksys Etherfast® Cable/DSL Router BEFSR41v4 , which connect to my internet modem. then from port 1 on the router to my 24port switch. then i have like 3ports left then i connect my ap and my main control system to like ports 2 and 3. i cant just access my linksys wap54g tru the web gui. but wen i like use a wireless laptop sometimes it connects and other times it does not. wen i use the easy setup wizard dt came with the pack. (quick setup cd) then wen i lunch setup sometimes it shows me cant find my wap54 and sometimes it gets in...

I read some post wen i googled about my problem and i saw some post of peeps having similar issues some even say WAP54G HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN. lol. crazy. am like soon going to regret buying that particular product of linksys...

pls someone help me out....

my router has an ip address of 192.168.1.1
DHCP Address Range: 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.101

so i set a static dhcp on the AP so i can access it via the network. 192.168.1.100..... etc

my clients are like complaining cos i collected their cash and bought the AP.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
15 years 10 months ago #26318 by skepticals
Humm... how is the signal strength when connecting to the wireless?

If there is a known problem with your device there may be a firmware upgrade you can get; have you checked for an upgrade?
More
15 years 10 months ago #26380 by talk2sp
hi skepticals i must say thanks for ur follow up. guy i checked out for some firmware upgrade.. if u suggest i upgrade fine i will but i hope there wont be set backs.?????!!

on a forum page i saw where people complained about the firmware upgrade for wap54g. if the equipment is givin alot of issues common link sys should work on a new build and shit this one away afterall its like been in existence for so long now. people rush for it cos its like the cheapest linksys ap around.. what ever skep i will check out doing the upgrade i hope it works without problems..

cheers man...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
13 years 9 months ago #34925 by AcesHigh
First of I wouldn't use a dynamic IP on the accesspoint, I would have set it to static IP outside the DHCP's range just to be sure it doesn't have any IP conflict.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds