Skip to main content

wireless channels....why..

More
16 years 3 months ago #24456 by rickardo
is it that two wireless pc's will not share the same channel from my router...originally ch.11 was fine for pc's in my network..then a new pc wouldn't connect till ch.12 was selected!..my daughter then tried her pc which would'nt connect till I randomly chose another channel...its a belkin broadcasting ssid....happy new year to everyone on this site cheers- :) rickardo
More
16 years 3 months ago #24462 by durk21
should work on all the same channel but if youre gettgin it to work on diff channels id say fuck it and just run with it.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24499 by rickardo
ok..thanks for that Durk21..I was hoping for a slightly more technical solution..than "**** it ,let it run" :lol:
More
16 years 3 months ago #24503 by GTM
Replied by GTM on topic Re: wireless channels....why..
Im near sure wireless channel connection quality also depends on the hardware in the machine's. Different vendors depending on where geographacally they are manufactured will operate better on different channels. Also im sure your aware that obstacles in the area things like microwaves and so on can interfere with the signal strength.
More
14 years 2 months ago #33381 by basilparsley
I have noticed in past implementation that my Windows "zero configuration client" wNIC did not see an AP on chnnel 12, the manufacturer of the wirless conroller informed that windows does not scan channels 12 / 13 when looking for an AP (in order for the SSID to be viewable via the OS).
Maybe your machines are using different clients for the wNIC which see some cannels and not others .. maybe theres a fault on one of the wNICs ...... driver?
More
14 years 2 months ago #33382 by TheBishop
Channels above 11 are only legal (and therefore implemented) in certain parts of the world. So to ensure compatibility between your AP and all the devices accessing it you're better to stick with 11 and below
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds