Skip to main content

CONNECTIVITY ISSUE....

More
16 years 5 months ago #23375 by talk2sp
Hi all pls this is my question -

I connected two laptops both with wireless card enabled i made the connection via ad - hoc. i put an ip address of 192.168.0.1 as default gate way on both laptops so 192.168.0.2 on one laptop and 192.168.0.3 on the other laptop. they could communicate effectively.. i tried pinging from one laptop to the other and i got a reply... wen i then tried to access the other laptop tru workgroup using the back slash command it does not connect. it tells me that the device is not on the network (Something of that nature)...

now wat is causing the connectivity problem... since they are able to ping out...

pls give me idea someone.... i hope i was clear enough..

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
16 years 5 months ago #23377 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: CONNECTIVITY ISSUE....
Few quick things.

Do you have windows firewall set up on the wireless interfaces... check that.

when you try and access the other machine are you using the name or IP.. if using the name.. try the ip and see how that goes.

Are both machines same version of windows? Which version are they?

Lastly, try disabling Data encryption.. there should be an option in the network/wireless tab.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23379 by skepticals
I don't think you need to set a default gateway for the ad-hoc wireless because they are on the same segment.

I agree with toddwoo, check into the Windows Firewall. You can also make sure file sharing is enable and create a share to connect to.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23386 by optimus
Replied by optimus on topic Re: CONNECTIVITY ISSUE....
Hi there. plz check if u have enabled 'File & Print sharing for Microsoft Network' and 'Client for Microsoft Network' in the ur LAN/Wan connections Properties tab.i think even if 'File & Print sharing for Microsoft Network' is enabled ,it will b enough .
More
16 years 5 months ago #23387 by Ashwin
Replied by Ashwin on topic Re: CONNECTIVITY ISSUE....
share one of the folder on the laptop and then try
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds