Skip to main content

network solution

More
16 years 10 months ago #21836 by btos
network solution was created by btos
I've got six ip cameras on a router on one side of the street, with monitoring software installed there. They are all wireless cameras. On the other side of the street I need three more cameras- two with ethernet cabling and one wireless. Without running cable across the street, how can I make a network? I have an Engenius 3500 ap/bridge but am unsure how to get the wired cameras into it, since I believe it needs to be hard wired into the router, which would need to be on the opposite side of the street? Can I use the ap/bridge, without hardwiring it into the router?

No replies at all from a previous post... I'm really stuck here. I thought I could get help here but may be mistaken. Does anyone want to help out?
More
16 years 10 months ago #21840 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: network solution

I've got six ip cameras on a router on one side of the street, with monitoring software installed there. They are all wireless cameras

You probably thought of that, but just in case,

Can you switch 2 of those wireless cameras to the other side of the street and simply bring the other wired 2 to the Engenius 3500 side.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 10 months ago #21845 by btos
Replied by btos on topic Re: network solution
nnbnbThere's not an ap up, since I took it down to replace it with a simpler router with an amp on the antenna. I've got the router providing access to five cameras on one side, with one wireless camera across the street at about 400 feet away from the router. Here's the blueprint:
realpanoramas.com/upload/content2/Showca...floorplan-layout.jpg
Recently another dsl connection was added to the location across the street. I'm wondering how I might incorporate that into a network, if at all.[/url]

I had trouble with the Engenius's signal strength so I took it down and replaced it with the current configuration. Perhaps I can use still use it but the question is how? I got a spool of cat 5e to wire everything but for now, I'm stuck with a wireless network that is weak.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds