Skip to main content

i need answers.... pls...

More
17 years 2 months ago #19606 by talk2sp
I have a wireless router which distributes wlan services right. I then installed a software called antamedia (hotspot software). Its a kind of billing system for those using d wireless laptop so as to be able to control usage right now we not talking about the wep thats for sure but what the software does is to regulate the usage. I got tired of changing my wep key every 1.5 hours so i downloaded this software and registered it but as soon as i launched it and enabled dhcp on it the other systems i mean connected via lan will not be able to print. But once i uncheck it and exit the software everything becomes biz as usual.

The question is -

1. Do u think the software is clashing with the dlink router configuration. (my router model number is dlink 524, 802.11g/2.4ghz)

2. What do u think i should do. Because i need to limit the usage.

3. Is there any other software which will not give same trouble as this antamedia stuff.

4. Last but not the least question - pls dont be angry that i did not put this in post i trusted particular people who are so intelligent to answer me on time....

Cheers buddy..

Till i hear from u...

Yours sincerely,

ONIPE PETER ADEIKA

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 2 months ago #19638 by wannafly172
What it sounds like is the software antamedia is protecting your other resouces. When the antamedia is active it is probably seeing you as just another user. i can understand not wanting to change the WEP key all the time. I had the same issue. I was encountering a problem where a user would come in and launch several hacking and just distruction attacks while using my system as the medium. I tried to convice people to use firewalls but the average user isnt the smartest when it comes to securing their computers. In the end i had to shut down the service and make people sign in for a WEP key. because they were mass launching nukes.... but back to subject. It acts like its just seeing you as a hot user and normally software like that just allows internet connectivity. and not allow shared printing or in some cases filesharing

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
17 years 2 months ago #19809 by gogoboy
You can try FirstSpot ( patronsoft.com/firstspot ). It seems to be a mature product with lots of features.
More
17 years 1 month ago #19992 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic how effective......
hey gogo thanks for the link u provided i have not tried it out planning to do that later today. but i have a question to ask and my question is that how effective is the firstspot thingy...

Will it actually control my wireless usage in such a way that i dont've to chage my key every 1.5 hours, will it work asper best performance, etc., but plenty thanks dude.... i must say i really appreciate..

till i hear from u....

cheers

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds