Skip to main content

911!! Please help me...(wireless AP)

More
17 years 3 months ago #19116 by cococool
hi everyone..

i have to do a project, that is to analyze the performance of wireless access point.problem is i have no idea what to do, or how to start.i dunno what could be measured or what tools needed or how to test.could anyone please please help me,gimme some ideas or anything to help me with my project.. :( :( :(
More
17 years 3 months ago #19117 by KiLLaBeE
By reading your post, my understanding is that your task in the project is to analyze the performance of a wireless network

The information below is an idea of what may be necessary for you to analyze. I'm no expert in wireless networks, my knowledge of the topic is from a prep class for the CWNA.

You will probably need to analyze wireless network characteristics such as signal strenght, AP locations, area of coverage, items that cause interference in the network

A spectrum analyzer may be used to determine the signal-to-noise ratio
More
17 years 3 months ago #19126 by cococool
hi KiLLaBeE thanks for the info.do u have any suggestion what tools or software should i use to test the performance?
More
17 years 3 months ago #19128 by talk2sp
hey cococool u can download netstumbler check it out on google. and then u can check out this site www.gfi.com and see for ur self some stuffs.....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 9 months ago #26710 by quinnyyy

hi everyone..

i have to do a project, that is to analyze the performance of wireless access point.problem is i have no idea what to do, or how to start.i dunno what could be measured or what tools needed or how to test.could anyone please please help me,gimme some ideas or anything to help me with my project.. :( :( :(

Have you been asked to do this for your job may I ask?
More
15 years 9 months ago #26781 by jaishakk
Replied by jaishakk on topic tool for wireless
dear friend,

For the site survey we are using the tool ...Airmagnet

site survey means, initially with the map of the area to decide where to place the access points and how may required for that site.

after installing the AP to check the signal strenth we use airmagnet professional which gives the signal strength info...
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds