Skip to main content

wireless LAN access

More
17 years 3 months ago #19107 by abinkg
wireless LAN access was created by abinkg
hi
i would like to know how to access the resources from wireless laptops which are connected to a Dlink wirless router..some conditions exits...we can not access laptops each other manually so not able to share files....
---can access Dlink router as admistrator from laptop

friends anyone give me a solution for this please

abin
More
17 years 3 months ago #19108 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: wireless LAN access
Are you definitely sure that the laptops have file-sharing enabled and have the necessary ports open on their firewalls? Also some routers place the wireless devices in a separate VLAN. You may want to rule out any doubts by connecting the laptops using wired connections and verifying that they work.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19131 by donanak
Replied by donanak on topic Re: wireless LAN access
Just my 2 cents! .... also make sure any firewall software like norton internet security, norton firewall, blackice defender etc have been properly configured to allow the internal ip.

I've had issues with that before, and lo and behold it was norton internet security.

Last but not the least make sure your on the same workgroup on all the computers/laptops.

HTH

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
More
17 years 1 month ago #19994 by talk2sp
donanak has said it all.. disable norton internet security. with my personal experience i got to realize that when u want to connect to a printer wirelessly u have to disable norton internet security till system restarts.. so as to be able to connect...

if u also have mcafee u might have to exit the program for efficient interconnectivity btw the two devices...

hope this lil suggestionz will be of help...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 1 month ago #19995 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic firewall settings
hi
i had the same problem and i noticed that you need to enter all the valid internal IP addresses into the window of the firewall settings.
check this picture

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41709a10_21a1/bc/Pictures/firewall.jpg?bf1U_3FBF8imlMIw

make sure you have some entries over there

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #20487 by finitezero
Replied by finitezero on topic Re: wireless LAN access
Dude! me working with D-link and Cisco WAP's.. check wheather MAC address filters are applied or not???? second thing there is no option in D-link WAP to stop broadcasting... so do u have ecryption key??? Because while implementing wireless they also apply some encryption.. such as WEP or WPA... any wireless help contact me???? my email id is aditya_friend2@yahoo.com
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds