Skip to main content

geting remote desktop on pda

More
17 years 4 months ago #18484 by ossankara
hellow to all,directly coming to point, plz help me
scenario:

1.i do have one PDA with gprs(internet) enabled by some service provider

2. i do have on PC at my home having internet connection, provided by another ISP

problem: can i get the my home pc desktop(remote desktop) on to my pda through internet

i'll be very thank full if anybody helps me plzz
More
17 years 4 months ago #18486 by DaLight
Yes, if your home PC has either Windows XP Professional or Windows 2000/2003 Server. Follow these steps (XP Pro assumed):

1. Ensure that Remote Desktop is enabled on your home PC(Control Panel/System/Remote Tab)
2. Ensure that an exception has been made for Remote Desktop in your Windows Firewall (or any other software firewall you have installed)
3. Open up port 3389 on your home hardware firewall (if you have one).
4. Finally, if your home broadband connection has a static IP , you can enter this into the RDP client on your PDA. If not, you will need to know the current IP of your home PC before connecting, or you could register with a Dynamic DNS service like www.dyndns.org .
More
17 years 4 months ago #18498 by ossankara
Replied by ossankara on topic thanks dalight
Hellow DaLight,
thanks for ur reply

but my isp providers are blocking RDP port i.e 3389,is there any way to access RDP through any other non registered port?
More
17 years 4 months ago #18504 by Smurf
nnbnbI think i would personally move to a new ISP. For us IT Professionals who understand the risks of all the prots open and can implement the necessary firewalling, i dont see the point of locking the ports down like that.

You can actually change the listening port of Remote Desktop using a registry tweak.

support.microsoft.com/kb/306759/en-us

The only question remains is, can you client on your PDA sepcify a different port to 3389 ?

Cheers

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 4 months ago #18516 by DaLight

The only question remains is, can you client on your PDA sepcify a different port to 3389 ?

If you're using a Windows Mobile-based PDA, you should be able to specify the hostname/IP address and RDP port. So if you wanted to connect to your home machine which had an IP of 11.11.11.11 using port 3370, you would enter the following into your RDP client
[code:1]11.11.11.11:3370[/code:1]
You would of course need to change your home machine's listening port using the info supplied by Smurf.
I agree with Smurf about ISPs blocking ports. It's so annoying.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds