Skip to main content

why is this so.......

More
17 years 5 months ago #17684 by talk2sp
hey guyz i do have this problem.

when i try to connect to a wireless router from a laptop with a wireless card then there is a power failure the connection will then be showing limited or no connectivity. Even after the router has started and is on when i then try to reconnect it still tells me limited or no connectivity. the signal strength could be very low u know. why is this so?

now my questions are -

is it caused due 2 power failure and if yes or no why cant it still reconnect after wards?

what are the suggestions to prevent this occurences.

and em let me raise one could it be pluging the router to a UPS so that when there is power failure it does not affect it.

thanks a million...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 5 months ago #17688 by ashish_hcl
I believe that you might be using a Win Xp SP2, and due to windows firewall which might be ON on your wireless connection this message comes along with the LAN status.
Turn off the windows firewall and I am sure this shud go away.

let me know if this does not work... :roll:
More
17 years 5 months ago #17690 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic i dont think....
hey ashish i dont think u read and understood what i was saying read it again pls....

thanks...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
17 years 5 months ago #17694 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ups
hi mate,
i think when the router is starting up again, the full failcheck of the router which should also perform the startup dhcp services, is failing. is this an old wireless router?
getting the router to work off a ups is a good idea. but you still need to find out why this is happening. maybe a router firmwire upgrade will eliminate the problem.
let us know how it went

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 5 months ago #17697 by Ranger24
Replied by Ranger24 on topic Re: why is this so.......
I don't think this is todo with the wireless router but the wireless card & drivers.

I have the same problem with ibm laptops & integrated wireless. If the laptop is on and the router dies the connection is not always 'lost' but reduces to limited or no connectivity.

When the router kicks into life the wireless card refuses to talk to the router as it believes it is already associated with a wireless point.

I'd look for new drivers for the wireless card first. Then consider a new router.

Patience - the last reserve of the any engineer
More
17 years 5 months ago #17699 by talk2sp
thanks Arani i think i will try a firmware upgrade...... lets see....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds