Skip to main content

Need help on how disabling acks by broadcasting in wireless

More
17 years 10 months ago #14823 by Titanas
Hello all! This site is fantastic as a first comment.

I have 3 wireless stations with prism 2.5 chipsets & hostap drivers running on linux. What i want to do is to set stations at ad-hoc mode and transfer packets among them without receiving acknowledgements (acks) back. This can be done by broadcasting or multicasting packets as they are not acknowledged.
Therefore (correct me if im wrong) i have to change (at source) the destinations macs first lower bit at higher octet from 0 to 1. And do the reverse thing at destination station right?

My question is how do i do that practically? How can i make my wireless network work with no acks?

Hope i was clear and that you guys find time to answer.Thank you!
More
17 years 10 months ago #14832 by d_jabsd
There are some commercial products available for audio/video unicast -> multicast conversion. Probably not cheap.

Just out of curiosity... why would you want to do this?
More
17 years 10 months ago #14833 by Titanas
Well i dont want to buy any other products as this can be done with the equipment i already have.

I want to disable some mac layer functions in which acks are included. As a start i want to disable acks and later proceed with cca which is a hard deal. Some of these functions are included in the hardware of the card as a part of the 802.11 standard. As a future goal is implementing a different protocol than the csma/ca that is used today.
Acks can be disabled using broadcast/multicast packets as they dont produce any acks at receivers side but i dont know how can i practically achieve this.

Any help will be much appreciated...thank you all.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds