Skip to main content

Wireless Spec

More
18 years 5 months ago #11409 by RedRanger
Replied by RedRanger on topic Re: Wireless Spec
CISCO WIRELESS ALL THE WAY!

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 5 months ago #11431 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Wireless Spec
A CMS is more along the lines of a website like firewall.cx...your users have logins to share content through a web-based application, usually based on PHP and MYSQL. That's different than a network login like Active Directory where a user has to be authenticated before being allowed onto the domain.

If you don't have this sort of set-up, then I believe you can just use the RADIUS server for user authentication. Each user/password would need to be added as needed to that server. That's why most networks have the RADIUS server as a go between the client and Active Directory, because all the users are already in AD, so why do more work by re-adding them to RADIUS? FreeRADIUS is an open-source RADIUS server, so this wouldn't be too terribly expensive to set up. You would just need to indvidually add each user who wants to use wireless to the server, lots of work.

Maybe 802.1x isn't for your network. If you don't have a domain login for your wired network, then why do that with your wireless? Just a rhetorical question.

-Jeremy-
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds