Skip to main content

Wireless hub losing connection

More
18 years 5 months ago #11312 by sbale
Hi there,

My name is Herbs,

I am currently working on a small project about setting up a small wireless network to form part of a bigger existing network. I have been playing around with the wireless router for a while now but the problem is it keeps on losing the signal, which means i have to restart it every time this happens. Now you can imagine if this where to happen on a "life" network. I have tried countless things to try and correct the fault without any luck. First someone suggested that the power supply in our building might not be stable and this could be the reason why the hub just suddenly goes down. But after having done a complete rewiring of the building, the problem still persist though it was solved temporarily as the network was stable for at least a week. I have also tried to use a UPS to support the router but also this helped only for a while. Can someone please help cause i think i might be missing something.
More
18 years 5 months ago #11314 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Wireless
Hi Herbs
Could be interference from another wireless network/transmitter on the channel you're using. Try changing channel or doing a wireless site survey. Another possibility is a client problem, for example with Netgear USB Wifi cards under XP the Netgear software can conflict with the Windows native service and cause periodic connection drops
More
18 years 4 months ago #11761 by sbale
Hi there,

Sorry for only responding now, have been in and out of the office this last past weeks, thanx for the response though. The problem was actually hardware related. After having consulted with the relevant vendor it was actually found that the hub was faulty. I got a new one and it works fine.
More
18 years 4 months ago #11767 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Wireless
Glad you fixed it
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds