Skip to main content

Where do I post this??

More
19 years 9 months ago #4417 by thompsg
Hey guys I need some advice.. first off i'll make it clear I'm not selling anything I just want your help and I didn't know what forum to post this in..

Anyway I want to buy a computer. A guy at my work is selling one. he wants 500 Cdn for it. Here is what it is....

P3 450
640 megs of Ram
dual scsi maxtor 9 gb harddrive
onboard lan
32 meg GF2 vid card
Crappy pair of speakers
Scsi card and cable
Asus motherboard..
4mm tape back up drive.

I want to set it up as my server... do you think its worth 500 bucks?

Thanks
More
19 years 9 months ago #4420 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Where do I post this??
What exactly are you going to use it as a server for ? You have a decent amount of RAM in that.. so you should be doing okay.. I'm not sure about the price though.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 9 months ago #4425 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: Where do I post this??
If you have 500 bucks, I'd suggest Dell or somebody who has a new faster computer for about the same money, plus a warrenty!

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
19 years 9 months ago #4427 by thompsg
Replied by thompsg on topic Re: Where do I post this??
Hey guys.. Thanks for the replies...
I Like the fact that it has scsi.. but the thing is I have no idea how much scsi is especially an older system like that. Not to mention a 4mm Tape back up drive.. And yeah it has 640 megs of Ram.. I will be running W2k3.. It will run on something that low I've ran it on a 350 once with way less Ram.. Its obviously a server setup..

As far as dell.. 500 bucks? Thats about 400 american.. you think that would get me a decent server? also its dell!!!

but I appreciate your help.. As I said I'm kinda on the fence about buying it.. I'm still not sure.

G
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds