Skip to main content

Hardware Monitoring on Windows Platforms

More
11 years 8 months ago #38110 by Arani
Hi all,

I am working on several DVR (digital video recorders) which are part of a massive network, and my task is to be able to monitor hardware on them. What I want to do is to be able to monitor the video cards on them which take inputs from CCTV cameras. I am looking to trap alarms or alerts like video loss etc so that I can use it to trigger an alarm on the network monitoring system to which these DVRs are connected to.

I have trolled through the internet and found several hardware monitoring softwares both free and paid ones, but all of them seem to be fixated on monitoring standard hardware like the CPU, Temperature, Fan speed, Memory, HDD, Motherboard etc. I need a software that would let me monitor other hardware like video cards. The one in question is a Hikvision DS4000H H264 Board (Win 2000). It's listed under DSR Capture device, in Device Manager. The DVR runs Win XP as it's OS.
Doing a search on google with that device name comes up with loads of Chinese links, and I'm not very good at reading that script. Even google translate fails to deliver on this instance.

Looking forward to any response.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
11 years 1 month ago #38259 by sose
My advice is that there are lots of companies producing graphic cards, they will know better software that can work with their devices. tweet their engineers. Good luck
More
11 years 1 month ago #38263 by Nevins
You could set up event manager to send you emails when hardware fails.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds