Skip to main content

Unable to write on floppy

More
14 years 3 months ago #33130 by next_virus
Hi,

I have purchased a USB floppy drive and a pack of floppy. I have to paste some files on this floppy. But it is not allowing me to copy any thing. I am also not able to make a folder on that disket.

I have formatted the floppy. Even adjusted the knotch.

Can anyone provide the solution.

Regards
More
14 years 3 months ago #33136 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Unable to write on floppy
Do you get an error message when you try to write/paste on it? If so what is it?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 3 months ago #33181 by next_virus
I am getting "access denied" error message. Though I have done my job through a Linux PC , but still this is very strange to me. I have asked my system admin. but he also failed to reply. He has removed all the restrictions, but still failed to write on floppies.
More
14 years 3 months ago #33186 by KiLLaBeE
Are you trying to save files to a floppy because a USB flash drive/thumb drive is not available?

Anyway, what restrictions did the sysadmin remove? I'm wondering if you don't have permissions on the file(s) themselves that you're trying to copy and Windows is naturally preventing you from copying them.
More
14 years 3 months ago #33188 by next_virus
I have taken a fresh rebuilted machine and on that machine this usb floppy worked perfectly. What I think that either this was due to virus problem or some thing else which one can't detect. As my problem has been resolved, I want to leave this topic. I don't think it will help us any more (only waste our time).

And I need this floopy drive as I have to install a 3rd party RAID driver which has to be installed to one of our HP server.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds