Skip to main content

Using Lan card over Onboard card

More
14 years 7 months ago #32031 by paul12
A couple of months back which would be 2 or 3 months to be precise, i could see 2 lan card in computer ( onboard + added lan card ) and i could enable or disable both of 'em, but now when i plugged in lan card to MB all i see is onboard lan card, the lan card that i added to motherboard is not visible, how do i make it appear and shut onboard lan card and use the one added on MotherBoard?
More
14 years 7 months ago #32032 by ZiPPy
Are you able to see the device in Device Manager? If you can, it more than likely will have a yellow explanation mark on it. This means you will need to install the appropriate drivers.

Not sure why it came up the first time, and not the second. I'd verify the above before we continue troubleshooting.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 7 months ago #32052 by paul12
no its not showing lan card attached to motherboard, so there is not chance of a yellow explanation mark.
More
14 years 7 months ago #32057 by TheBishop
Try resetting the dynamic data in the BIOS, it may have got confused about where the card is. Or there's always the chance the card has gone faulty
More
14 years 4 months ago #32879 by katzebnt
Replied by katzebnt on topic Dead card...
The NIC could certainly be bad. Fortunately NICs are cheap...if all else fails buy a $20 3COM card and toss it in your PC. 3COM cards are pretty universal in their system compatibility.
More
14 years 4 months ago #32936 by beexo
What I have to say does not apply to this post only but to all posts.

I would like to see the posts terminated with the creator feedback as to the end of the story. It seem to me that once the person solves he´s problem he forgets that others tried to help and would like to know how it rolled out. Not to mention that it would be most helpfull to anyone that reads the post with the same or similar problem.

By the way, it looks like a bad nic to me.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds