Skip to main content

Wierd Network problem.

More
14 years 7 months ago #31826 by paul12
Last month i had internet plan where i had liberty to download stuffs without any cap after 10.00 p.m till 8.00 a.m in the morning. Now during those hours the problem was that internet would not work only in that particular time slot, it would die off any second, for ex - Could die at 11.00 p.m or 4 in the morning.
1) i removed lan card and plugged the wire into onboard lan card.
2) Scanned for virus and also disabled Anti-Virus.
3) Got a new HDD installed with OS and driver but problem still showed up.
4) Re-installed driver for network but didn't help.
That was during the night unlimited scheme, but now i have 24hours DL scheme but the problem still persist. I am unable to DL or even browse after 11.00 p.m or later.
Is there a problem in computer or its the ISP?
More
14 years 7 months ago #31827 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Wierd Network problem.
paul12,

With all your troubleshooting steps, it really sounds like its an ISP side issue, especially with these particular time slots.

Location? ISP?

I am not surprised though, ISP's are really starting to step up on bandwidth monitoring. This is especially true when torrent ports are open and high activity is noticed. But I would be curious of your location and your ISP.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 7 months ago #31872 by paul12
Replied by paul12 on topic Re: Wierd Network problem.
I'm from India and ISP is Airtel, a friend of mine lives next block, he has same ISP, same internet plan, he get's problem's not too often.
Not as much as i get.
More
14 years 7 months ago #31874 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Wierd Network problem.
paul12,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your ISP Airtel providing wireless Internet connectivity via satellite?

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 7 months ago #31888 by lav_plsb1
Hi,

" problem was that internet would not work only in that particular time slot"

If it works in day but not in between 10.00 p.m -8.00 a.m the problem is not with your computer/nic card its ISP issue. but again you can isolate it
1. check the ip address and default gateway
2. ping default gateway from your computer, if you get replies, you can communicate till the ISP Gateway
3. then ping yahoo.com, and ping yahoo ip address > get replies with no loss.. connection is good.
When IP packets travel over the Internet from one machine to another, they pass a number of routers in between. Traceroute (in Windows abbreviated to tracert) is a tool that is used to try to determine which route the packets take, and to list the IP adresses of all the routers, called hops, in between your machine and the destination
In command prompt type TRACERT -D <destination address>
ex: C:>tracert -d 194.171.49.1
1 <1 ms <1 ns 192.168.2.1
2 <1 ms <1 ns 172.22.172.1
3 * * Request timed out.
4 * * Request timed out.
we are trying to find the route to the host with ip address 194.171.49.1 and address that does not ping. you can see the traceroute gets stuck at the hop with ip address 172.22.172.1
and you can find out who this router is using NSLOOKUP
ex:nslookup 172.22.172.1
server address: 192.168.2.1
name: ae2.500.jnr01.asd002a.surf.net
address:172.22.172.1
again you can see that the packets go all the way through a number of hops ther is nothing wrong with your isp. the reason that this particular ip address cannot be pinged is somewhere else on the internet.
i think this will help you, if you can't able to "ping yahoo.com" assign default dns and try on that particular time.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds