Skip to main content

OLD HARD DRIVE

More
16 years 1 month ago #24949 by oneparanoidperson
i HAVE A OLD HARD DRIVE THAT CAME OFF A DELL DESKTOP THAT I WANT TO USE IN ANOTHER TOWER BUT WHEN I INSTALL IT AND BOOT IT UP IT DOESNT WORK. i WAS THINKING THAT MAYBE I NEED THE DRIVER FOR IT SO I CAN BUT INTO THAT HARD DRIVE. BUT IF THAT IS CORRECT HOW DO I DO THAT. NEED SOME HELP OR IDEAS ON THIS HARD DRIVE.
More
16 years 1 month ago #24950 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: OLD HARD DRIVE
I need a little more information.

Are you trying to install the hard drive as a master or a slave? If it is the master drive, does it have an operating system on it?

If it is a slave, what do you mean by "not working"?

Does it show in device manager (assuming you are using Windows)?
More
16 years 1 month ago #24955 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: OLD HARD DRIVE
No drivers are needed.

Most important question pointed out by Skepticals -- what do you mean by "not working"?

I'll take a different approach to attempt to answer your question, since Skepticals already targeted the configuration concerns: Did you simply remove the old hard drive from the other computer, install it on the new computer, and turned the new computer on, expecting the computer to boot to the OS as usual?
More
16 years 1 month ago #24957 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: OLD HARD DRIVE
Take it a step at a time - first of all check if the drive is seen/recognised in the BIOS. Until it shows there you won't get any further
More
15 years 1 month ago #29060 by tea_clipper
Replied by tea_clipper on topic Re: OLD HARD DRIVE
Hi if you want it as a slave then there is no drivers needed for i suggest that you format it to make clean and therefore you can put new files in it.............hope its a good idea have a nice day

Best days!
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds