Skip to main content

plug and play....

More
16 years 7 months ago #23230 by tea_clipper
gud day ....my computer is a freshly installed windows XP.. after restarting it...lokin back at the device manager suddenly all plug and play hardware has this (exclamation mark on them) specially the CDROM..and i try the system restore but it won't work....and i did try to upgrade the driver of the hardware but it just won't work at all.....need your help thank you very much for the time.........appreciate it very much........

Best days!
More
16 years 7 months ago #23234 by GTM
Replied by GTM on topic Re: plug and play....
If you have just installed XP then there wont be a restore point to restore to as it is a fresh install. If this machine was not custom built then look for serial numbers etc on the machine then go to the manufactors web site and download the required drivers. An explanation mark is telling you there is no driver installed for that device. A program i would use is called belarc advisor it will give you motherboard serial numbers and things like that it may be useful when you are on the website trying to locate the correct drivers. Hope this helps.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23245 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Re: plug and play....
just pop in the motherboard drivers or go and right click the exclamation points and then select install driver or enable. Then it should work for you. I recommend going out to your devices brand makers website and downloading drivers where-ever possible so you have all the most current files.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23248 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: plug and play....
If it is a machine from a well-known brand manufacturer your safest bet is to go to the manufacturer's website and download the entire patch set for the machine. At least that way you have a set of drivers that will work together correctly, and once you've got to that point you can download latest drivers from the component manufacturers and upgrade things. Do this one at a time and check for correct operation boefore changing anything else
More
16 years 5 months ago #23890 by tea_clipper
Replied by tea_clipper on topic tnx
thank you so much
for the response.... but what this is like the first time i ever experienced it after (format and fresh installation) and inspecting the cdrom it has a exclamation mark on it...on my part i dnt understand anyway thank you for the reply....

Best days!
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds