Skip to main content

i cant turn it off

More
16 years 11 months ago #21826 by tea_clipper
OS is an XPSP2...once i turn it off it will re start all by itself...and the only remedy is to hold on the switch that long for it turn off

Best days!
More
16 years 11 months ago #21829 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: i cant turn it off
Hi tea_clipper san

So you are saying that after you go to Start > Shut Down, your computer shuts down but then immediately starts up again?

Basically, when you tell the computer to shut down, (beside the internal OS stuff that occurs) what is happening is a signal is sent through the motherboard to the power supply to tell the power supply to stop delivering power to the system (to shut the system down). I'd say check the power supply first, if the problem persists, check the motherboard.

*ninja bow*

K
More
16 years 11 months ago #21830 by tea_clipper
Replied by tea_clipper on topic Re: i cant turn it off
tnx for the info.

yah thats right after clicing start>turn off> it restarts by itself..

what am i lookin for here in my power supply for example (all the peripherals are good) ..and is the motherboard is indeed defective what what part of it ...how can i justify i bought it brand new an ECS mainboard (p4vmm2 sort of)

thanks killabee i realy apreciate it

Best days!
More
16 years 11 months ago #21837 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: i cant turn it off
Hello,

The easiest way to troubleshoot this issue is to simply replace the suspected bad devices with known good working ones.

You can't really troubleshoot what "part or section" of the motherboard is defective, and even if you could troubleshoot it, you probably couldn't do anything to fix that "part or section" of the motherboard, unless you had some sort of engineering skill, I guess.

With the power supply, you can test the cable that plugs into the motherboard to make sure that the power supply delivers the required voltages and provides the required resistance.

If you recently purchased the computer/motherboard/power supply, contact the manufacture to get the defective product replaced/repaired.

N
More
16 years 11 months ago #21865 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: i cant turn it off
hi,
i suggest scanning your computer with effective AV.
Or check pc unit (hardware) and exactly where the power button is
located.
sometimes in Laptops this happen because some Battery problems.

i hope u cud fix it

always Face your Fears...
More
16 years 11 months ago #21921 by tea_clipper
Replied by tea_clipper on topic Re: i cant turn it off
tnx for the info....it helps a lot...i have something to build me suspicion into................tnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best days!
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds