Skip to main content

HP Laserjet 4050N printer prolem; printing blank pages

More
16 years 11 months ago #21728 by prabhuk
Dear all,

In my office we have one HP 4050N printer. I have inserted a new printer toner cartridge after removing polytheen lable inside the Toner cartridge. In printer control panen display , NEW TONER CARTRIDGE=NO * is displayed. I have changed this to NEW TONER CARTRIDGE=YES* but the change didn't take effect. It is printing only blank pages. I have tried from different machines and different applications. Still the same problem persists. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards
Prabhu K
More
16 years 11 months ago #21756 by S0lo
I've used that printer for some time. If your old toner is still printing (even very lightly but still printing) then there seams to be some thing wrong with that new toner. It might be defective. Otherwise, I have no idea.

A new toner should work promptly, no need to set the NEW TONER CARTRIDGE=YES. this should be automatic. As far as I know.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 11 months ago #21790 by TheBishop
I'm not sure about the 4050 but the HP toner cartridges I've used have a little tab you break and then a ribbon of plastic pulls out. This is what holds the toner in. Try taking the cartridge out and having a good look. Also read the instructions which came with it (if the bin hasn't yet been emptied)
More
16 years 11 months ago #21793 by S0lo

I'm not sure about the 4050 but the HP toner cartridges I've used have a little tab you break and then a ribbon of plastic pulls out.

Yes, it has one, I assumed that prabhuk has already removed it. Otherwise, he should as you said.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds