Skip to main content

Query About LCD monitors

More
16 years 11 months ago #21443 by jaiwardhan
Hello People,
I have a query about LCD monitors. I have heard that LCD monitors only support the native display resolution they come with. For example a standard 19 inch wide screen monitor comes with the resolution of 1440 x 900 (WSXGA+) resolution. It is said that unlike CRT monitors LCD monitors don't adapt to different type of resolutions i.e. One thing you have to keep in mind with LCDs is that the image is sharp only at their native resolution unlike CRT monitors which can accept a wide variety of resolutions
-Suppose if I am using a onboard graphics card which has the maximum resolution of 1280 x 1024 . Would the above monitor work fine or i need to add an graphic card which will support the resolution for the LCD monitor ?

Thnx :)
More
16 years 11 months ago #21445 by DaLight
It is true they work best at their native resolution as they have to extrapolate for other resolution settings. It may be worth downloading the latest version of your display card driver, and seeing if there is a HD/wide screen option.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21521 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Re: Query About LCD monitors
mine works perfectly at different resolutions it also depends on your graphics cards capabilities but yes they work best at native capabilities unless your card is great like mine
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds