Skip to main content

Are the new slingboxes any good??

More
17 years 1 week ago #21025 by TheBishop
I can't see why I would ever want to watch my home TV from another location, even more so when it's heavily bandwidth compressed, crammed onto a little screen and with the audio massacred by a pair of half-inch laptop speakers. If I want TV, I'll buy a TV and get the full experience
More
17 years 1 week ago #21029 by durk21

I can't see why I would ever want to watch my home TV from another location, even more so when it's heavily bandwidth compressed, crammed onto a little screen and with the audio massacred by a pair of half-inch laptop speakers. If I want TV, I'll buy a TV and get the full experience

I agree. But having said that; if you are business trips for half the year or so you can get the portable version of a slingbox and it would be good on flights especially the long distance ones hey its better than watching the same movie 3 times over.
More
17 years 1 week ago #21039 by TheBishop
Yes I can see that. But you could also take a bunch of DVDs with you or even read a book. Still not worth my money I'm afraid
More
17 years 1 week ago #21076 by durk21
I agree its not worth the money as i said above but to each their own i suppose.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds