Skip to main content

How to set BIOS password in Acer PC

More
17 years 2 months ago #19703 by prabhuk
Dear all,

I tried to set up a BIOS password in acer machine. But in the that BIOS menu There are two passwords.

1. Supervisor password
2. User password

Normally the user password menu is disabled by x mark. We should set the supervisor password, then only we can ser user password.

I set Supervisor password and then I set user password . I saved and exit the setup. But when I am Booting , it didn't ask the user password. Its directly enters to windows.

It should ask the password, Please anyone give me the solutions.

thank you.
More
17 years 2 months ago #19705 by TheBishop
Have another look in the BIOS - in several I've seen, there are fields for setting the password(s) and then another field for enabling/disabling their use
More
17 years 2 months ago #19707 by KiLLaBeE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the BIOS password request suppose to show up when you TRY to access the BIOS again after setting the password?
More
17 years 2 months ago #19712 by ZiPPy
Killa,

The BIOS password is for accessing the computer itself, just like the Windows password at login. The BIOS password entry screen will appear before the computer POSTs. This is thought to be added security for the computer, but in fact it doesn't really help. If you simply remove the CMOS battery, the BIOS password will be reset and disabled.

Depending on the BIOS version you are running some have a enable/disable option that must be selected, and typically older type BIOS will only ask for the password and then it automatically assumes an enable on the option. So we know your BIOS is rather up to date. I would look around for the enable/disable option as TheBishop suggested. Let us know what you find.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
17 years 2 months ago #19862 by prabhuk
Dear All,

Sorry for late reply. I have seen some other options to enable the BIOS passfword as Bishop said and set up the password.

Thank you all.
More
17 years 2 months ago #19864 by TheBishop
Glad you fixed it
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds