Skip to main content

Laptop keyboard problem

More
17 years 2 months ago #19580 by Msgye
Hi there,

Kindly help me, I have got a problem with the keyboard of my laptop when I press some buttons, one button brings another one which I did not press. eg when I press letter "a" it shows "ae" instead of " a" itself and the laptop is six months old. It is an HP laptop.

I will appreciate your assistance.

regards

Msgye
More
17 years 2 months ago #19585 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Laptop keyboard problem
I wonder if a Language Pack has been activated?
More
17 years 2 months ago #19587 by Starfire
If you have exausted software troubleshooting and it turns out to be a hardware issue (spilt drink, etc) be very carefull when you take out the keyboard. There is a thin cable strip that attaches it to the motherboard and it's very, very delicate and it's usually a pain to detach gently.

The keyboard part comes out as a unit which you can investigate for obvious problems (drink that need mopping up, biscuit crumbs that need blowing out, etc) if you are happy to do that yourself then do it slowly and carfully.

If it's looking like the circuitry pad under the keys then you should be able to get a replacement keyboad from the manufacturor. Probably not as cheap as a regular PC keyboard but it will save you buying a whole new laptop.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds