Skip to main content

Laptop Nightmare

More
17 years 4 months ago #18925 by bigdp
Laptop Nightmare was created by bigdp
i wondered if anyone could help me. i bought a IQON laptop at a computer fair last week. the man gave me a password for it and i put it safetly in my pocket or so i thought. when i try and get on to the laptop i get a message asking me to enter the boot password. this is obviously what the man gave me but i can't find it. all i know is that it says on the screen just before this is INsyde software MOBILEpro System bios R1.07.
i have a useless machine i can't use and would appreciate any help or advice anyone could give me.
i am disabled and i just got this as my first laptop and now all the problems.

Cheers
More
17 years 4 months ago #18926 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Laptop Nightmare
Sorry nothing springs to mind.

It'll probably help people if you can supply the full make and model

Thanks

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 4 months ago #18933 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Laptop Nightmare
You can usually unlock these things but it is machine specific. As Smurf says, please give us the exact make and model and we'll see what we can come up with[/i]
More
17 years 4 months ago #18953 by donanak
Replied by donanak on topic Re: Laptop Nightmare
From experience I know some manufacturers uses their brand name as their password. I'm not sure if they still do but you could give it a try.

But as above 2 replies says, drop us a little bit more information like brand, model, etc as I'm a google step away.

tick! tock!

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds